Two student publications were approved for funds during the first and likely only meeting of this summer's Student Congress.

Blue & White Magazine received $1518 from summer appropriations to cover the printing of their summer CTOPS issue and humor publication Bounce Magazine received $225 leftover from the spring semester to reimburse them for their Student Body President Smackdown event last February.

What will happen to the remaining $982 in summer appropriations if no other student groups request money is still unclear.

Representatives had considered diverting the money to this year's Fall Fest event. Summer appropriations may be used between May 15 and the first congress meeting of the fall semester.

But they agreed this would be unfair as summer students who will study abroad this fall or don't attend UNC during the regular school year wouldn't benefit from their fees being used for the fall event.

Speaker Joe Levin-Manning said he is still conferring with other departments to find out where the money would go if congress does not assign it.

The meeting hinged around discussion and solutions rather than spending excessive time looking up rules and procedures in the Student Code as previous meeting have been prone to.