Tuesday January 18th

Join student government to help implement change

Each year, student government appoints many students to important University committees that cover topics ranging from academic advising to safety.

First-years have a unique opportunity to get involved with student government specifically, but not exclusively, through the student advisory committee to the chancellor. This committee consists of 12 students who work directly with Chancellor Holden Thorp on major university issues. It has previously addressed gap-year policies, international student life, safety, and academic freedom.

Last year, the student advisory committee to the chancellor collected feedback for the Carolina: Best Place to Teach, Learn, and Discover Report that former Student Body President J.J. Raynor co-authored with Trustee John Ellison. The committee looks forward to adding two first-years who bring outstanding energy and perspective.

Student government would like to announce that the application process will run from August 31 until 11:59 p.m. September 8. Interested undergraduates should visit www.unc.edu/studgov and interested graduate students should visit gpsf.unc.edu.

Please direct any questions to Student Body Vice-President David Bevevino at dbevevin@email.unc.edu.

David Bevevino
Student Body Vice-President

Joe Levin-Manning
Speaker of Student Congress

The Daily Tar Heel for December 1, 2021