On behalf of all of the members of Helping Paws of the Campus Y, I would like to thank you for your great local coverage, (“Chapel Hill doggie paddle,” Sept. 14).

Not only did the Dog Swim help Orange County Animal Services reach out to the Chapel Hill community, but it also successfully promoted the new Animal Services Center.

For those interested in volunteering, working with great animals, and promoting a worthy cause, Helping Paws may be a great organization for you. Helping Paws is the only animal welfare organization here at UNC.

We work extensively with Orange County Animal Services as volunteers to promote the well-being of all of the homeless pets housed there. We provide access to the training and orientation programs required to volunteer with Animal Services for all of our members, as well. Once trained, our members provide a variety of services, such as walking dogs, socializing cats and taking the animals out into the community.

Helping Paws also works on a variety of other animal social justice issues, so you can actively participate within our organization even if volunteering is not your main focus. If interested, please contact lfalexan@email.unc.edu.

Alex Lane
Junior
Biology