Somebody entered an unlocked Chevy Silverado and took 50 cents in loose change before 8:44 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The car was parked in a lot at 5623 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd., reports state.

A UNC student reported a peeping Tom at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at 426 W. Cameron Ave., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

A 39-year-old Durham man with two knife scars on his right wrist was arrested for stealing Thursday at 3:29 p.m., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Willard Nevil Aitchison was released in lieu of $5,000 bail, reports state.

Somebody stole a ring from a hotel room at the Marriott between 11:30 p.m. Tuesday and 12:15 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The ring was worth $2,000, reports state.

Somebody stole $380 worth of power and hand tools from Lowe’s Home Improvement at 1801 Fordham Blvd. between 12:30 p.m. and 12:40 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

One man reported Thursday at 12:45 a.m. that he was assaulted by a man with a baseball bat Thursday after he had been drinking, according to Carrboro police reports. He then claimed that he was assaulted by two other men as he walked home, reports state.
The man did not show marks of being assaulted, reports state.

A dog bit a raccoon who had put its head through a hole in a fence at 10:54 a.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.
The dog’s owner said the pet had current rabies shots.