I would like to take this opportunity to endorse Michelle Brownstein for Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Board of Education. I have known Brownstein and her family for four years, and I can personally attest to her candidacy, credibility and character. Brownstein sets three priorities in her vision for improving the educational outcomes of our district’s youth.

First, Brownstein would improve district accountability in order to address the achievement gaps of all children. She would achieve this by requiring effective instructional practices to meet all children’s needs, by addressing infrastructure challenges and demands, and by improving how school programs are evaluated.

Second, she would increase collaboration between schools. This would share successful practices with all children within the school district, rather than keeping such programs isolated to individual classrooms.

Third, she would enhance communication by creating a dialogue between parents, staff administrators, the community and the Board of Education. This would turn the “education of our children” conversation, ensuring that every voice is heard.

Each of these three points aims to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our district’s programs. I have every confidence that with the education of our children in Brownstein’s hands, these three priorities will not only be actualized, but exceeded. I urge the University and surrounding community to choose Brownstein for Board of Education. I can think of no one with whom I would entrust the future of our children more.

Clark Morris
Graduate student
School of Dentistry