We’ve been residents of Carrboro for 22 years and have known Sharon Cook and her family since they moved here 12 years ago.

Cook has worn many hats and has always been extremely active in our neighborhood and in a wide range of local civic organizations and groups.

As a parent she has been a dedicated volunteer within the Chapel Hill school system, Orange County Girl Scouts and Orange County Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.

Sharon has been a member and volunteer in many civic activities. She has served on the Carrboro Planning Board since March 2007 and for one term was the planning board’s representative to the Greenways Commission.

Focus groups she has participated in include: Chapel Hill Transit, Eubanks and Rogers Roads Route and Carolina North “Don’t Get Stuck in Traffic.”

She participated in the Carrboro Northern Study Area Small Area Plan Implementation Review Committee community forums and meeting.

This is a small sampling of Sharon’s involvement in our community.

Sharon steps up and gets involved when she sees a need. She has experience with the many facets of our local government. We need Sharon on the Carrboro Board of Alderman — please give her your vote!

Kaye and Terry Barker
Carrboro