I don’t think it would be too outrageous to say that the feelings about Fabolous coming to perform for Homecoming are extremely biased.

Being that UNC is a predominantly white school and one of the main performers for homecoming is a major hip-hop performer, it doesn’t surprise me that people are seeing it as a waste of money, when really the Homecoming committee probably decided that this year might be a good year to cater to a different genre of music that happens to cater to a different crowd than it usually does.

There have been many acts for Homecoming in the past that were a disappointment to a large number of people on campus, but there weren’t many complaints because the Homecoming performers are kind of known and expected to be a joke.

Now a performer is scheduled to come in, but because a majority of people on campus don’t listen to 97.5 or 102.1 on the radio when a significant amount of people do, it’s a waste of money.

Some people may say that they’ve never heard of Fabolous, but I know a good amount of people that have never heard of Kid Cudi, including myself. It’s disappointing that people are throwing fits because this one year the performer doesn’t cater to the campus “majority.”

Rachel Galanos
Senior
Biology