Monday November 28th

Police log for Oct. 1

Someone stole an N.C. license plate at 7 a.m. Friday from a car parked by 500 Umstead Drive, Apartment 204A, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The license plate was worth $35, reports state.

Someone stole a trash can worth $50 between 5 p.m. Sunday and noon Monday from a driveway at 305 Clayton Rd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a white 2009 Hyundai Sonata between 8:30 p.m. Sunday and 8:50 a.m. Monday at the Marriott hotel at 101 Erwin Road. The person stole a GPS worth $200 and did $200 worth of damage to the car window and $200 worth of damage to the car, reports state.

Someone stole a debit card number from a Duke University employee and used it between 5 p.m. Sept. 22 and 5 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The transaction cost $70.99, reports state.

Someone broke into a residence between 8 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. Monday at 101A Garden Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. After attempting to pry open the door, the person kicked it open, causing $250 in damage to the door and its frame. The thief stole $6,430 in items: a television worth $2,000, an XBox worth $400, a game controller worth $30, four XBox games worth $170, an iPod worth $80, a MacBook worth $2,000 and an HP laptop worth $1,500, reports state.

Someone stole a cell phone worth $150 at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 20 at the grocery store at 1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for November 21, 2022