Monday December 5th

Police log for Oct. 15

Someone stole an emergency information card from a backpack at 980 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. between 7:16 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The emergency information card was valued at $1, reports state.

Someone stole furniture from a porch at 234 McCauley St. between 6 p.m. Monday and 1:56 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The two pieces of furniture were valued at $360, reports state.

Someone reported that a person was looking in a window at 130 S. Estes Drive in Chapel Hill at about 1:10 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke a vehicle’s passenger side window and stole one Garmin GPS unit between 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1807 N. Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The GPS unit was valued at $320, reports state. The damage to the vehicle was estimated at $200.

Someone attempted to pick the locks of a front door at 5:17 p.m. Tuesday at 303 Deepwood Road and at about 6:01 p.m. at 301 Deepwood Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The suspects attempted to use a jimmy or pry tool, reports state.

A 39-year-old Lincoln Center employee was arrested for possession of 1 gram of marijuana and driving while impaired at 11:47 p.m. Tuesday at 100 Park Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Rodney Jerome Farrington,  also known as “Nut,” was released on a written promise to appear in court, reports state.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2022 Year in Review