Personal assistant

Thumbs down

A Georgetown sophomore recently placed a classified for a personal assistant to do daily chores. Listen, buddy, quit being a douche and clean your own room. Also, way to break the private school stereotype …

Irish pub

Thumbs up

The newest bar on Franklin Street will be a bona fide Irish pub. The owner plans on bringing decorations directly from Dublin bars. Rumor is it’ll be so authentic that U2 will be the house band.

Toilets with water

Thumbs up

Officials are in the process of removing all the water-free urinals from campus.  For those of you unfamiliar with how these “work,” just picture a regular urinal that hasn’t been flushed in weeks.

Carolina Inn

Thumbs up

The historic Carolina Inn is set to undergo a renovation of all 184 rooms. Luxury suites, wireless Internet, wet bars, big screen televisions. Sounds like a great plan for the hotel — oh, wait, that’s the football stadium.

Lil Wayne

Thumbs down

Chart-topping rapper Lil Wayne faces jail time after pleading guilty on weapons charges. Obviously he wasn’t arrested by “Mrs. Officer,” who “said I had the right to remain silent; now I got her hollering … like a siren.”

Halloween

Thumbs up

Everyone’s favorite dress-up-suggestively-in-a-costume-you-didn’t-know-could-even-be-sexual-get-drunk-make-a-fool-of-yourself-see-embarrassing-photos holiday is once again upon us! Somehow, it never gets old.