UNC dominates Georgia Southern in 1st half, 42-7

For all that talk about offensive struggles, lack of turnovers and downright uninspired play, North Carolina more than made amends with its first half against Georgia Southern. The Tar Heels threw up 42 points - their most of the season - in just 30 minutes of play.

T.J. Yates didn't necessarily light up the statistics sheet, but he didn't have to. The running game of Shaun Draughn and Ryan Houston combined for 108 yards and four touchdowns. Houston in particular, was extremely impressive. The junior scored the longest touchdown run of his career - a seven-yard shake-and-bake.

On the defensive side, sophomore Robert Quinn picked up another sack from his defensive end position. He came off the right edge and hit Georgia Southern quarterback Adam Urbano in his throwing arm. The play caused a fumble, which UNC recovered.

In all, the Tar Heels forced four turnovers in the first half. Two such turnovers resulted in touchdowns. One was a fumble return by Quan Sturdivant, and the other was a pick-six by Bruce Carter.

It doesn't get much better for UNC than this. The team was clicking on all cyclinders - except for one GSU run that ended in a touchdown. Butch Davis will certainly be happy with his team's first-half performance.