Wednesday June 29th

Kleinschmidt has the most local governing experience

I have wholeheartedly thrown my support behind Mark Kleinschmidt. I can cite his experience as a town councilman. Serving since 2001, he has the most experience in town government of any of the candidates running.

I can cite his leadership as chairman of the Council Committee on Economic Development. He served as president of the N.C. American Civil Liberties Union, therefore defending that right to free speech students on both sides of the political spectrum discuss so passionately.

I can talk about his progressive stance and involvement on social justice and environmental issues, which is why he won the endorsement of the Sierra Club. And I can talk about him being a UNC alumnus, connecting him forever to the University and the students here.

These are all great reasons to vote Mark Kleinschmidt for mayor but what truly won me over was his performance at the mayoral debate on campus. Rather than talking down to students, sidestepping questions or using exploitative political tactics, Kleinschmidt talked about solutions. He shares a genuine concern for this town and the people living in it and I am proud to say that my first vote will be for him.

Zaina Alsous
Freshman
Political Science

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for March 7, 2022