Sunday January 29th

Police log for Nov. 23

A neighbor cut down a tree on someone else’s property at 10:30 a.m. Friday at 103 Park Bluff Drive North, according to Chapel Hill police reports.  Damage to the evergreen tree was estimated at $400, reports state.

Unidentified people used counterfeit $100 bills in two incidents between Thursday and Friday at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.  A person used a fake $100 bill at Lynn’s Hallmark between 1 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday, reports state.  A person also used a fake $100 bill at Rack Room Shoes between 12:30 p.m. Thursday and 11 a.m. Friday, reports state.

Someone keyed a blue 2007 Nissan Altima between midnight and 9:35 a.m. Saturday at 2701 Homestead Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.  Damage to the car was estimated at $700, reports state.

Someone shattered the front door at Salutations at 106 Meadowmont Village Circle between 6 p.m. Wednesday and 9:08 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
The person stole $602.09 in cash and a UNC check worth $28, reports state. Damage to the door was estimated at $300, reports state.

Someone broke into a silver 2006 Toyota Camry between 4:30 p.m. and 4:56 p.m. Thursday at 1710 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.  The person stole a wallet worth $60, $70 in cash and various credit or debit cards, reports state.

Someone attempted to hit a cashier at the Key Food Mart at 325 W. Rosemary St. at 2:26 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition