Sunday January 29th

Police log for Dec. 1

Someone smashed the glass door of Cafe Parvaneh at 400 S. Elliott Road between 5:15 a.m. and 5:20 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person caused $500 worth of damage to the door, reports state.

Someone broke into the Framer’s Market and Gallery at 1748 Fordham Blvd. at 5:06 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole $80 in cash and did $1,000 worth of damage to the building, reports state.

Someone stole $10 worth of food from the self-serve area at Whole Foods Market at 81 S. Elliott Road at 1:20 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone stole the license plate from a vehicle between noon Wednesday and 3:15 p.m. Sunday at 2 Adelaide Walters St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The license plate was worth $25, reports state.

Two vehicles were broken into between Saturday and Sunday at Village Drive near Bluff Trail, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a 1997 GMC Jimmy and attempted to steal a stereo between 9 p.m. Saturday and 9:35 a.m. Sunday. Damage to the passenger window was estimated at $250, reports state.

Someone also broke into a black 1998 Honda Civic at 10:14 a.m. Sunday. The person stole the car radio, worth $50, and did $200 in damage to the car window, reports state.

Someone hit a mailbox with a car between 1:20 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Saturday at 261 Culbreth Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the mailbox was valued at $100, reports state.

Someone broke the glass door of Framemakers at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road at 4:49 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a cash box worth $20 and $100 in cash and did $100 worth of damage to the door, reports state.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition