Sunday January 29th

Police log for Dec. 4

Police arrested a 25-year-old man for marijuana-related charges at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at 507 Edwards Drive, according to Chapel Hill police Lt. Kevin Gunter. Walter Louis Durham was arrested for felony maintaining a dwelling for a controlled substance, felony possession of marijuana, possession with the intent to sell and distribute marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the Orange County Jail custody report. “This is another one of those lengthy investigations by our narcotics unit,” Gunter said. Durham was taken to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $6,000 bond.

Someone broke into a residence between 3 p.m. and 5:42 p.m. Wednesday at 100 Tadley Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a flat-screen TV worth $2,000, three laptops collectively valued at $7,000, two iPods collectively valued at $300, a luggage bag worth $100, a camcorder worth $200, a digital video camera worth $2,000 and a computer monitor worth $500, reports state.

Someone broke into a Waldenbooks and stole from the cash register at about 7 p.m. Wednesday at 201 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole $475.19, reports state.

View the full report.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition