Sunday January 29th

Police log for Dec. 7

A 25-year-old Durham man was charged with possession of 1.5 grams of marijuana, possession with intent to sell or distribute 0.9 grams of crack cocaine and maintaining a dwelling at 6:30 a.m. Friday at 751 Trinity Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports.  Maurice Jerome McPherson of 751 Pritchard Ave. Extension was taken to Orange County Jail in lieu of $5,000 unsecured bond, reports state.

Someone stole a sign from the top of a delivery vehicle at 6:45 p.m. Thursday at 210 N. Columbia St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.  The Tarheel Takeout car topper was worth $150, reports state.

Someone stole items from Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity at 132 S. Columbia St. between 12:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.  The person stole an iPod DJ mixer worth $1,000 and an iPod worth $175, reports state.

Someone stole a cell phone worth $75 from the locker room at Guy B. Phillips Middle School at 606 Estes Drive between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a green 1995 Toyota Camry between 11 p.m. Friday and 11:02 a.m. Saturday at 504 Lonebrook Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.  The person stole a GPS worth $300 and caused $200 worth of damage to the car, reports state.

Someone scratched the paint on a blue 2007 Toyota Scion between 5 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday at 107 Old Franklin Grove Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.  Damage to the car was estimated at $1,200, reports state.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition