Police log for Feb. 24, 2010

Police cited two UNC students for unlawful burning after setting a campfire at Umstead Park at 2:41 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Brandon Fremd and David Jaramillo, both 22 years old, are scheduled to appear in district court March 22, reports state.

Somebody broke a window with a blunt object at 11:42 a.m. Monday at 105 Bright Sun Place, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The window damage was estimated at $200, reports state.

Somebody damaged a sculpture outside the Chapel Hill Museum between 4 p.m. Friday and 11:41 a.m. Monday at 523 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The sculpture damage was estimated at $16,000, reports state.

Somebody stole a bike from a carport between 7:30 a.m. and noon Monday at 202 Howell St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The bicycle was valued at $300, reports state.

Somebody broke the window of a 2010 Ford Escape and stole a GPS unit between 7 a.m. and 1:56 p.m. Monday at 130 Old Durham Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The GPS unit was worth $300, and damage to the car was estimated at $300.

Somebody pried open a balcony door of the Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel and stole cash and Guess brand jewelry between 8:30 p.m. and 10:40 p.m. Friday at 1 Europa Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person took $300 in American money and $100 worth of Korean won, along with $190 in jewelry, reports state.