Correction (Feb. 19 12:43 a.m.): Due to an editing error in an earlier version of these QuickHits, the board incorrectly stated  that Student Body President Jasmin Jones has one month left in office. She has two months left. The editorial has been changed to reflect the correction. The Daily Tar Heel apologizes for the error.

Election season over
Thumbs up

Whew. That was exhausting. After five weeks, student election season is finally over. No more A-frames or obnoxious campaigning in the Pit. Now Jasmin Jones can enjoy her two-month lame duck period.

Sandwhich
Thumbs up

This local sandwich establishment is moving to a more prominent location, setting up a showdown with McDonald’s on West Franklin Street. Call it Waterloo. If “local” can’t win in Chapel Hill, it can’t win anywhere.

N.C. Olympic gold
Thumbs up

N.C. native Seth Wescott won gold in the snowboard cross event. The recent snowstorm made Chapel Hill the ideal training location, and Wescott allegedly used it to propel himself to victory.

Ellen on Idol
Thumbs up

Paula who? Ellen Degeneres has made a seamless transition onto “American Idol.” She brings a vision of hope,unity and optimism to a panel of judges that has seen discord and strife. Sounds like she deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

Chatroulette
Thumbs down

The newest Internet sensation allows users to randomly connect with others via Web cams. This online Russian roulette promises serious emotional scarring. In this case, getting lucky means avoiding those looking to do exactly that.

Costco in Carrboro
Thumbs down

N.C. Sen. Ellie Kinnaird dropped her plans to push for a Costco in Carrboro. A big-box
behemoth in hippyville? What was she smoking when she thought this would go over well? Well, it’s Carrboro, so we have an idea.