Somebody used his or her bare hands to tear off the side mirror of a Ford Expedition, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the car is estimated at $100, reports state.

Somebody broke a window at Frank Porter Graham Elementary School and stole $305 worth of items between 4:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Items stolen include a $50 purse, which was recovered, a $200 cell phone and keys, reports state. Damage to the window was estimated at $200.

Somebody stole a $150 concrete statue from a yard between 10 p.m. Sunday and 4:55 p.m. Monday from 101 Gristmill Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody knocked down a $50 sign between 5 p.m. Sunday and 5:43 p.m. Monday in front of North Carolina Chiropractic, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody stole a purse with more than $5,100 worth of items from a buggy at 11:50 a.m. Monday at Whole Foods at 81 S. Elliott Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The purse contained $2,000 Maui Jim glasses, a purple wallet and an animal print wallet, $100 worth of Ritalin, $50 worth of Valium and a $100 pain patch, among other things, reports state.

Somebody shot an injured animal at about 1:18 a.m. Tuesday at N.C. 54 and Little John Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody pried a sliding glass door to gain entry to a home between 8 a.m. Sunday and 2:19 p.m. Monday at 113 Ashley Forest Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.