Spring
Thumbs up

It was a cold and dark winter. But we braved through it and now, as of March 20, spring is officially here. Now we just have to get through six weeks of an inappropriate amount of upper man-thigh.  

Time Warner
Thumbs down

Time Warner Cable accidentally showed porn on the Kids on Demand channel in North Carolina. If it’s abstinence only in schools, kids still have to learn about sex. What better teacher than the Playboy channel? Fail.

NIT Win
Neutral thumb

The basketball team took out top seed Mississippi State in the second round of the NIT. Two wins in a row!! If UNC wins it all, we’ll be the 66th best team in the country. That will look good on a banner.

Health Care
Thumbs up

In a dramatic late-night vote Sunday, the House passed the Senate health insurance reform bill, along with specific fixes for the Senate to then pass. So about these death panels — are they like jury duty, or do we have to apply to join?

Texas
Thumbs down

The Texas Board of Ignorance — er, Education — approved measures to  put a conservative spin on history textbooks and exclude much mention of Thomas Jefferson. Let’s rewrite history to give Texas back. We don’t want it anymore.  

Tiger returning
Neutral thumb

The world’s most famous philanderer returns in April to the Masters at Augusta National Golf Club, which doesn’t admit women as members. Funny because Tiger has extended membership to his club to plenty of women, so to speak.