Sunday January 29th

Police log for April 22, 2010

-?Somebody used someone else’s name and Social Security number to open an account with Time Warner Cable at 11 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

-?Large amounts of trash were placed inside one vehicle and on top of another between 1:01 a.m. and 8:31 a.m. Tuesday at 110 North St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

-?Someone approached other people and began hitting them with his or her fists at 10:15 p.m. Tuesday at 1724 Legion Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

-?A 17-year-old Chapel Hill man was arrested on misdemeanor charges of assault, communicating threats and failure to appear in court at 1:51 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
He turned himself in and was released on a $700 cash bond, reports state.
-?A 24-year-old man was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon during a traffic stop at U.S. 15-501 and Dixie Garden Drive at 5:33 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
Walter Carl Burnette was charged with fraudulently obtaining property, carrying a concealed weapon and driving with a suspended or revoked license, reports state.

-?Malicia Chantal Darroch, 24, was arrested for having 3.75 grams of marijuana, resisting arrest and damaging personal property stemming from a traffic stop at 3:35 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

-?Kevin George Jones, 46, turned himself in at 5 p.m. Tuesday. He was charged with felony embezzlement and misdemeanor failure to appear in court, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition