Sunday January 29th

Police log for April 26, 2010

A 34-year-old Chapel Hill man was arrested for carrying a concealed handgun at 9:02 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of N.C. 54 Bypass and South Columbia Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Matthew Dean Johnson was charged after being stopped for an inspection violation and released, reports state.

Someone entered a residence between 7:40 p.m. Saturday and 3:37 a.m. Sunday at 142 E. Longview St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a laptop worth $1,800, a necklace worth $100, a ring worth $2,000 and an MP3 player worth $300, reports state.

Someone damaged a light pole between midnight and 2:18 a.m. Sunday at 139 E. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the light pole was estimated at $1,000, reports state.

Someone damaged the glass at the door of Crook’s Corner around 11:30 p.m. Saturday at 610 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the window was estimated at $400, reports state.

Someone stole two rocking chairs worth $100 from Zeta Tau Alpha between 1 a.m. and 7:02 p.m. Saturday at 120 North St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone stole a license plate worth $25 around 1:25 p.m. Saturday at 100 Library Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone caused $150 worth of damage to a resident’s door at 3:02 a.m. Saturday at 713 Pritchard Ave. Ext., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition