Police log for April 6, 2010

A 22-year-old UNC student was arrested for misdemeanor charges of possession of .4 grams of marijuana, having an open alcoholic beverage in a vehicle and driving with a suspended license at 8:59 p.m. Sunday at the William and Ida Friday Center, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Christina Joy Dewitt was stopped for a regulatory violation, where police discovered that her driver’s license was suspended and that they had a warrant for her arrest, reports state. She was released on a $2,000 unsecured bond, reports state.

Somebody broke a window to enter a home and stole a $125 pair of Nike Air Zoom shoes and an $85 pair of Heelys between noon Thursday and 6:54 p.m. Sunday at 301 McMasters St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody broke a window to enter a home and stole more than $3,000 worth of items at 1:55 p.m. Sunday at 212 Carr St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a $2,200 Apple laptop, a $225 Nintendo Wii, a $500 Dell laptop and $100 worth of jewelry, reports state.

Somebody damaged a speed limit sign and a mailbox between midnight and 8 a.m. Sunday at 107 Standish Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage is estimated at $250, reports state.

Somebody entered an unlocked residence and car and stole a $10 pair of headphones and $2 cash at 2:19 a.m. Monday from 105 Isley St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

A 20-year-old Duke student suffered minor injuries after a fight at 2:09 a.m. Monday at 114 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody punched and kicked another person at 11:40 p.m. Sunday at 304 Hoot Owl Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody stole a purse left on the ground between 11:30 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Henderson Street and Franklin Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports.