Police log for April 8, 2010

Somebody reported two dogs in an unattended vehicle at 2:33 p.m. Tuesday at 1414 Raleigh Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone was removing money from unsecured wallets of UNC students at about 4:53 p.m. Tuesday at 120 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.The person stole $180 from one wallet and $80 from the other, reports state.

Someone broke into an apartment and stole items between 8 p.m. Monday and 1:15 a.m. Tuesday at 200 N.C. 54, according to Carrboro police reports.Officers did not find any forced entry on the door or windows and advised the residents to change the locks on the door, reports state.

A house guest stole $600 from his host between 7:30 a.m. and 8:50 a.m. Tuesday at 401 N.C. 54, according to Carrboro police reports. The host told police she met a  man on a chat line and invited him over to her apartment. When she got out of the shower in the morning, her guest was not there and she was missing money from her purse, reports state.

Someone stole a vehicle between 12:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Tuesday at 501 Jones Ferry Road, according to Carrboro police reports.

A disturbance was reported at the Kangaroo service station at 10:26 p.m Tuesday at 500 Jones Ferry Road, according to Carrboro police reports. The complainant said a white female was yelling at customers. After police questioning, the woman said she was upset because the store would not sell her popcorn, reports state.