While it is only to be expected that my counterpart at the Young Democrats, Mr. Storrow, should be fighting for Elaine Marshall to be elected to the U.S. Senate this November, he failed to mention why she offers a better alternative than Senator Burr. Probably because he realizes she doesn’t.

Sen. Burr has a long record of fighting for North Carolinians. He stood strong against massively expanding our national debt for a stimulus that has failed miserably to fulfill its promised returns; he opposes Democratic attempts to formalize and perpetuate the “bailout” mentality for large, Wall Street banks; he opposed the largest intrusion between patients and their doctors in the form of Obamacare; and he will continue to fight for individual rights against the continued government coercion so frequent under this administration.

He has done significant work for our state and our country; most recently, he authored legislation that will deal with climate change and energy independence. As ranking member of the Veterans’ Affairs Committee, he has ensured that our government keeps its promises to those who fought under our flag.

Elaine Marshall promises to be Kay Hagan, Part 2: basically, a clone of Harry Reid, not representing North Carolina so much as advancing the liberal agenda. Richard Burr, on the other hand, will fight for us in Washington, just has he has for his past term. Tar heels, let’s keep our current champion in the U.S. Senate!

Anthony E. Dent
Class of 2012
Economics
UNC College Republicans Chairman