Police log for August 31, 2010

—Someone concealed $10 worth of wine in a backpack and left without paying between 6:30 p.m. and 6:47 p.m. Sunday at Weaver Street Market in Southern Village, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The wine was later recovered, reports state.

—A $200 gun was found in a hotel room at 12:05 a.m. Sunday at the Sheraton Hotel at 1 Europa Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone entered a home and stole $925 worth of jewelry between midnight Aug. 10 and 12:50 p.m. Sunday from 204 Laurel Hill Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone broke into a burgundy 1998 Jeep Wrangler between 10 p.m. Saturday and 11:20 a.m. Sunday at 429 Hillsborough St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
The person stole an iPod worth $300 and speakers worth $200, reports state. Damage to the vehicle was valued at $800, reports state.

—Somebody attempted to shoplift from the Walgreens at 108 E. Franklin St. at 5:26 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Somebody didn’t pay for $22.58 worth of pizza and took a pizza warmer bag worth $100 at 12:35 a.m. Sunday from Domino’s Pizza at 719 Pritchard Ave. Ext., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone assaulted another person after the offender’s car was kicked at 2:43 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of West Rosemary and Roberson streets, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Somebody stole an iPod worth $300 and a GPS unit worth $200 from a car between 10 p.m. Saturday and 1:57 a.m. Sunday at 208 N. Columbia St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone threatened somebody by making harassing phone calls at 3:14 a.m. Sunday at 1300 Legacy Terrace, according to Chapel Hill police reports.