Police log for September 15, 2010

—An 18-year-old Durham man was charged with damage to personal and real property and carrying a concealed knife at 5:48 p.m. Monday at Eastwood Lake Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.Isaac Waring Tull Gant was arrested after causing $500 in damage to a split rail fence and a shrub, $200 in damage to shrubbery, $300 to another split rail fence, $8,000 in damage to a red 1987 Jaguar and $2,000 in damage to a green 1998 Oldsmobile Delta, reports state. Gant was taken to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $63,000 bond, reports state.

—Someone made threatening phone calls between 6:00 p.m. Sept. 7 and 11:46 p.m. Monday to 110 Piney Mountain Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone broke into two vehicles at 1:03 a.m. Monday at 316 Columbia Place East, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
The person stole items including a $40 Lexus vehicle manual and two pairs of sunglasses worth $200 and $375, reports state. The value of other items that were stolen and later recovered totaled $645, reports state.

—Someone stole a wallet from a home between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday at 377 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole $100 in cash in addition to the $10 wallet, reports state.

—Someone broke the door window of a home between 1:45 a.m. and 3 a.m. Sunday at 1 Colony Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the front door window was valued at $150, reports state.