Police log for September, 2, 2010

—A 50-year-old Chapel Hill man was arrested for larceny at 6 p.m. Tuesday at 119 Cole St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.Anthony Marvett Purefoy, also known as “Bulldog,” was arrested after he stole five soft drinks worth $7.50 from Chi Psi Fraternity. Purefoy was cited and released, reports state.

-A 46-year-old Carrboro man was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle at 1:10 a.m. Wednesday at South Columbia Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Christopher Keith Lunsford was driving a bronze 2001 Chevrolet Prizm south on Fordham Boulevard near Willow Drive, reports state. When he failed to dim his headlamps, Lunsford was stopped by police, who determined that the vehicle was stolen out of Carrboro on Aug. 11. Lunsford was taken to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $3,500 bond, reports state.

—Someone stole a bicycle after cutting the lock between 7 p.m. Monday and 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at 1310 Ephesus Church Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
The Diamondback mountain bike was worth $600, and the bicycle chain lock was worth $20, reports state.

—A suspicious person was in the bushes at 839 Kenmore Road at 1:29 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone stole a bicycle between noon Aug. 18 and 10 a.m. Aug. 19 at 211 Sunset Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The larceny was reported Wednesday. The bicycle was worth $300, reports state.

—Someone kicked in a door between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday at 1132 Roosevelt Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.Damage to the door was valued at $200, reports state.

—Someone left the Jimmy John’s at 719 Pritchard Ave. Ext. without paying for a $17.50 food order, according to Chapel Hill police reports.