Police log for November 1, 2010

• A car hit a deer at 10:04 a.m. Saturday at 980 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone stole $6,000 worth of clothing and furs between 3:09 p.m. and 3:31 p.m. Saturday at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone knocked over a large sign and caused $1,000 worth of damage between 6:30 p.m. Thursday and 9:13 a.m. Friday at 515 Hillsborough St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Somebody harassed a church official for not helping his girlfriend with her bills at 12:50 p.m. Friday at the Catholic Community of St. Thomas More, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone found a tracking device on her car between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 1:30 p.m. Friday at 107 Cynthia Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • A Winston man was charged with shoplifting, larceny from a building, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 10:39 p.m. Friday at 100 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.Michael Anthony Davis was arrested after he stole a pint of ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s, reports state. He was also found with one gram of marijuana. Davis is being held at the Orange County Jail in lieu of $150 bond, reports state.
  • Someone pointed a gun and demanded money in a parking lot at 9:30 a.m. Friday at 201 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole $333.52 in cash, reports state.