Police log for November 29, 2010

• Two 18-year-old men were arrested after a crash on misdemeanor charges of speeding, reckless driving and racing at 8:17 p.m. Saturday at 466 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. John Quinton Rives, 18, of Durham was arrested and released to his parents under a written promise to appear in court, reports state. Andrew Landis Patrick, 18, of Chapel Hill was arrested on an additional misdemeanor charge of failure to slow down to avoid an accident. He was given a written promise to appear in court and released to his parents, reports state.
  • Two Chapel Hill men were arrested on misdemeanor drug charges at 12:35 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of Sage and Erwin roads, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Alasdair Theophilus Cho, 19, was issued a citation for possession of .3 ounces of marijuana, reports state. Omar Anwar Bajwa, 20, was issued a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. Both men were released with no bond, reports state.
  • A 49-year-old Pittsboro man was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of breaking and entering at 4:06 a.m. Saturday at 505 Sykes St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Lester Darnell Fuller was released on a written promise to appear in court, reports state.
  • Someone reported an injured fox at 8 a.m. Saturday at 271 Erwin Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone assaulted a man by grabbing his throat between 2 p.m. and 2:17 p.m. Saturday at 700 Market St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.