Police log for November 3, 2010

• Someone was intoxicated in a running vehicle with a loaded pistol in his or her lap at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday at 1720 Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone entered a home and displayed a knife at 5:19 p.m. Monday at 719 Pritchard Ave. Ext., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone tried to pry open the door of a Kia Rio between 8 p.m. Sunday and 9:15 a.m. Monday at 1740 Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the car was valued at $250, reports state.
  • Someone stole a scooter from in front of a house at 6:28 p.m. Monday at 100 Umstead Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The scooter was valued at $1,000 and two helmets were valued at $50 and $30 each, reports state.
  • Someone spray painted a 2003 Honda Odyssey between 6 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday at 604 Aberdeen Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the van was valued at $200, reports state.
  • Someone threw an empty bottle through the back window of a white 2000 Jeep Cherokee between 9 p.m. Sunday and 1:33 a.m. Monday at 114 S. Roberson St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the car was valued at $100, reports state.
  • Someone stole a briefcase from an unlocked car between 8 p.m. Oct. 19 and 8 a.m. Oct. 20 at 1010 Highland Woods Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The briefcase was valued at $40, reports state.