UNC leads rival N.C. State 13-10 at halftime.

Yates sets UNC's single-season record, 78 yards from career record.

Anthony Elzy scored the Heels' only touchdown of the first half.

North Carolina leads N.C. State at halftime 13-10.

The Tar Heels jumped out to an early lead by getting Anthony Elzy involved on a six-play, 81-yard touchdown drive. Elzy had two plays for 20-plus yards on the drive, including a 52-yard pass.

N.C. State responded quickly though, tying the game on a Russell Wilson pass to Darrell Davis.

The Tar Heels’ Da’Norris Searcy intercepted Wilson in the second quarter to set UNC up with good field position. North Carolina capitalized on the play, kicking a 19-yard field goal to take the lead at 10-7.

N.C. State, on its ensuing drive, kicked a 47-yarder that tied the score at 10-10, and UNC kicker Casey Barth, not to be out-done, nailed his second field goal from 48 yards out before halftime. That kick was a career long for Barth.

Elzy has over 100 yards of total offense for the second-straight game and T.J. Yates has connected on 17 of 22 passes for 210 yards and a touchdown. Yates also set the single-season UNC record for passing yards and is 78 yards away from UNC’s career passing yards record.

Wilson got off to a slow throwing the ball for N.C. State, but at halftime, his stats look more like what was expected. The N.C. State quarterback is 9-18 for 122 yards and a touchdown.