Police log for January 20, 2010

• Someone leaned against the wall of Ye Olde Waffle Shop and damaged its wall tiles at 1:34 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police report. Damage to the wall tiles was valued at $1,000, reports state.
  • A 19-year-old man was charged for felony counts of breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and fraudulently obtaining property at 10:14 a.m. Tuesday at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Julius Lamont Powell Jr. was arrested for outstanding warrants. He was taken to the Hillsborough magistrate and released to his father’s custody on a written promise to appear in court, reports state.
  • Someone took money from a box in another person’s bedroom between 2 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Friday at 312 Cobblestone Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    The person stole $1,700 in cash, reports state.
  • Someone kicked open the door to a home and stole items between 9 a.m. and 5:37 p.m. Tuesday at 1104 U.S. Highway 15-501 S., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole Seagrams Vodka, a digital camera worth $250, a gold necklace worth $1,200, a gold ring worth $350 and Timberland boots worth $75, reports state.
  • Someone broke into a 2000 Honda Prelude by smashing a window between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1 Europa Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a GPS worth $200 and did $150 damage to the door window, reports state.