Police log for January 26, 2011

• Someone stole another person’s property between 9 a.m. Thursday and 10:17 a.m. Monday at 1934 Fountain Ridge Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a diamond ring worth $1,500, two pearl necklaces worth $600, a pearl necklace worth $90, a pair of droplet pearl earrings worth $75, a pair of pearl earrings worth $130, a pearl and diamond necklace worth $1,700, two pairs of earrings worth $275, a travel bag worth $10 and three prescription medicines worth $30, reports state.
  • Someone damaged the cover to a manhole between noon Sunday and 12:43 p.m. Monday at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the manhole was valued at $500, reports state.
  • Someone stole an iPod from another person at 2:17 p.m. Monday at the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The iPod Touch was worth $350, reports state.
  • A 34-year-old Chapel Hill man was charged with assault on a female, communicating threats, possession of drug paraphernalia and kidnapping at 1:25 p.m. Monday at the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Troy Deshane Watson was arrested after officers responded to a 911 call at the house. Watson had allegedly assaulted a victim, forced her to a different location and held her against her will, reports state.
  • Someone stole from a residence between 5 p.m. Nov. 1 and 8:07 p.m. Sunday at 103 W. Longview St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole credit and debit cards, an iPhone worth $500 and an iPod worth $400, reports state.