Friday March 24th

Police log for January 31, 2011

• Someone pulled a knife on an unknown man at a party at 2:09 a.m. Sunday at 108 Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone broke the window of a building between 3:05 a.m. and 3:09 a.m. Sunday at 318 Brooks St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person caused $300 worth of damage to the window and stole a flag worth $200, reports state.
  • Someone vandalized a car by scratching the paint with a key at 1:04 p.m. Saturday at 81 S. Elliott Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone collapsed and stopped breathing at 9:56 p.m. Saturday at 319 Cedar Club Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone entered a residence through an unlocked back door between 3:30 p.m. and 7:31 p.m. Friday at 250 Seminole Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a laptop worth $1,200 and $100 in cash, reports state.
  • There was a civil dispute between a tenant and a landlord at 6:31 p.m. Friday at 717 Williams Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • A stalker was seen in the area of a victim’s home at about 7:19 p.m. Thursday at 708 Meadowmont Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone shoplifted by concealing goods and was intoxicated and disruptive between 9:30 p.m. and 9:32 p.m. Thursday at the Food Lion at 602 Jones Ferry Road, according to Carrboro police reports.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Black History Month Edition