Yellow Jackets sting UNC 78-58

Tar Heels record lowest shooting percentage since 1956

Georgia Tech center Daniel Miller blocks a shot by John Henson.  Henson managed a team high 11 points despite leaving the game early after an undetermined injury.
Georgia Tech center Daniel Miller blocks a shot by John Henson. Henson managed a team high 11 points despite leaving the game early after an undetermined injury.

North Carolina lost 78-58 Sunday night to Georgia Tech in the Tar Heels third ACC contest of the season.

Iman Shumpert and Glen Rice, Jr. led the Yellow Jackets with 30 and 24 points respectively, almost totaling UNC’s collective effort between the two of them.

North Carolina struggled to create offense and shot 27.6 percent from the floor, the lowest total a UNC team has shot since 1956 and the fourth lowest in UNC basketball history. John Henson and Harrison Barnes each scored 11 points and Leslie McDonald added 10, but the three of them shot a combined 8-32 to score those points.

At the end of the game, Henson landed hard on his elbow. Henson said he will get his elbow checked out tomorrow but that he thinks he is fine. Leslie McDonald hurt his ribs in the game and he will get evaluated as well.

In his post-game press conference UNC coach Roy Williams was “beside himself”. The Tar Heels have a short turnaround and play at home against Clemson.