• A 21-year-old Hillsbourough man was charged with possession of a stolen firearm, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver, maintaining a vehicle used to keep or sell a controlled substance, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of drug paraphernalia, a window tint violation and driving left of center at 2:21 a.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 15-501 near Eastowne Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damien Rashad Forney was taken to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $20,000 secured bond, reports state.
  • Someone broke a $50 bedroom window between 3 a.m. and 3:15 a.m. Friday at 742 S. Merritt Mill Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone smashed a window of a bronze 2005 Honda Civic and stole $371 worth of property at 7:31 a.m. Friday at 102 Melville Loop, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    Items stolen include a $120 Sony car stereo and a $250 iPod, reports state. Damage to the driver’s side window was valued at $100, reports state.
  • Someone stole two lawn chairs worth $40 off a front porch between 5 p.m. and 9:42 p.m. Friday at 211 Church St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone stole a laptop that was left unattended between 1 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. Thursday at the Looking Glass Cafe and Boutique, according to Carrboro police reports.
  • Someone called the police requesting information on obtaining a permit to keep livestock at 9:49 a.m. Thursday at 206 Carol St., according to Carrboro police reports.