Police log for February 15, 2011

• A brush fire was reported at 12:07 p.m. Sunday at South Lakeshore Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone was nude from the waist down near a public trail at 4:42 p.m. Saturday at Michaux Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • A bag with musical equipment was left at a bus stop at 8:27 a.m. Friday at Airport Drive near Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The $50 leather bag contained drum sticks worth $500, reports states.
  • Someone stole beer from the Kangaroo Express between 3:45 a.m. and 6:39 a.m. Sunday at 1501 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a 12-pack of Budweiser worth $15, reports state. Someone also stole cigarettes from the same Kangaroo Express between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole five cartons of Newport Kings worth $45, reports state.
  • Someone tried to rob a convenience store with a BB gun at 12:28 a.m. Sunday at 106 Ephesus Church Road, according to Chapel Hill police report.
  • Someone entered a residence and stole items between 2:15 p.m. Friday and 12:30 p.m. Sunday at 430 Lakeshore Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole $2,450 in electronics and $50 worth of other items, reports state.
  • An 18-year-old Durham man was charged with assault by pointing a gun, damage to personal property and impaired driving at 4 p.m. Friday at the South Estes Apartments parking lot, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Derek Alan Stein was arrested after he was identified as a person who shot another person’s vehicle with a BB gun, causing $400 in damage to the driver’s side door, reports state. Stein was released on a written promise to appear in court, reports state.