• A 29-year-old Cary man was arrested on two felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest at 3:09 a.m. Thursday at 100 N. Columbia St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    Leroy Linwood Kelley III was arrested after he attacked someone with a box cutter and fled from an officer at a restaurant at 306 W. Franklin St., reports state. Kelley was taken to Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 secured bond, reports state.
  • A 20-year-old Fuquay Varina woman was arrested on misdemeanor charges of driving while impaired and a hit and run at 7:32 a.m. Thursday near the intersection of Columbia and Franklin Streets, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Danyelle Nicole Fontaine was arrested after an officer witnessed her hit a vehicle and leave the scene. Fontaine was confined to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $10,000 secured bond, reports state.
  • Someone stole $36 worth of Myers Rum and Bushmills Whiskey at 11:39 a.m. Wednesday at 223 S. Elliot Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Police later found the alcohol and returned it to its owner, reports state.