Police log for February 1, 2011

• Someone vandalized a wall at University Mall with graffiti between 3 p.m. and 7:29 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone broke the window of a blue 2003 Honda CR-V and stole property between 1:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Sunday at 504 Cotton St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person caused $200 of damage to the car and stole a Garmin GPS worth $100, reports state.
  • Someone broke bottles in the sand of a volleyball court at 11:17 a.m. Sunday at 512 Long Leaf Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone stole a computer from inside a 2009 Nissan 370Z between 10:01 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Sunday at 133 New Castle Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The laptop was worth $1,200, reports state.
  • Someone broke into a residence by forcing a window open at 12:48 a.m. Sunday at 264 Jay St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone was seen off-roading in a black 2003 Ford F150 at 12:05 a.m. Monday near Schultz Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • A 30-year-old man was charged with motor vehicle theft at 11:44 p.m. Friday at 1105 N.C. 54 Bypass, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Hre Tin Thang was confined in the Orange County Jail on a secured $5,000 bond, reports state.
  • A 35-year-old Hillsborough woman was charged with possessing stolen goods, driving with a revoked license and driving with an expired registration at 10:04 p.m. Saturday at the 100 block of Eastowne Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Vicki Marie Blackwell was placed under a $500 secured bond after she was observed driving a silver Chevrolet Lumina with a registration plate belonging to a Dodge Caravan, reports state.