Police log for February 23, 2011

• A 31-year-old Chapel Hill woman was charged with larceny at 3:12 p.m. Monday at 1860 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Angelica Moyao Castillo was arrested after she attempted to steal $520 in cash, reports state. Castillo was cited and released, reports state.
  • Someone stole a $60 sweat jacket from Tarheel Bookstore at 1:11 p.m. Monday at 119 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone put sugar in the gas tank of a silver 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser between 10 a.m. Friday and noon Sunday at 750 Weaver Dairy Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the vehicle was valued at $2,000, reports state.
  • Someone hit another person’s blue 2006 Mini Cooper with a shopping cart at 9:23 p.m. at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the vehicle’s hood was valued at $200, reports state.
  • Someone stole speakers from a black 1998 Mercury Mountaineer between 8 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Monday at 213 McCauley St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole two 10-inch subwoofer speakers worth $200, reports state.
  • Someone broke into a green 1998 Nissan Sentra between 3:40 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Monday at 120 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a large black handbag worth $50. The handbag contained an iPod Shuffle worth $100, $300 in cash and a check worth $103 as well as a driver’s license, an extra set of keys and debit and credit cards, reports state.