UNC men's basketball spanks Boston College 106-74

The North Carolina men’s basketball team is clicking on all cylinders.

The Tar Heels shot better than 57 percent from the field, committed just nine turnovers and got another 20-point-plus game from freshman Harrison Barnes on Tuesday in their 106-74 win against Boston College.

Four Tar Heels — Barnes, Tyler Zeller, John Henson and Reggie Bullock — posted double-digit point totals as UNC had full control of the ACC contest in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Barnes scored a season-high 26 points, one-upping his previous high of 25 recorded against N.C. State on Saturday. He hit four 3-pointers and grabbed six rebounds from his 3-man position.
Joe Trapani fought his hardest to keep the game competitive for Boston College. The forward had 25 points and grabbed 15 rebounds in a losing effort.

Reggie Jackson, who UNC coach Roy Williams said Monday may be “playing as well as anybody in the conference,” was held to six points on 2-for-10 shooting for the Eagles.

Sophomore Dexter Strickland had Jackson duty for most of the evening and provided suffocating defense against the guard averaging 18.5 points per game.

UNC went on a 13-2 run midway through the first half with the help of a few Bullock 3-pointers.

The freshman forward hit four straight treys in the first half and posted 14 points to help UNC jump out to a healthy double-digit lead.

Bullock’s 14 aided in 21 bench points for UNC compared to Boston College’s three in the first half.

Barnes was hot, too. He was perfect from 3-land and stroked five total field goals for 12 points.

In the first half, the Tar Heels shot 58.8 percent from the field in one of their best shooting halves of the season.

The 49 first-half points were UNC’s third-most this season, behind a 52-point performance against St. Francis and 58 against Hofstra.
UNC’s 106 points marks the highest point total in any game between two ACC schools this season.