• Someone scratched the hood of a black 2010 Volkswagen Jetta between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday at 3306 Drew Hill Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the hood was valued at $400, reports state. The incident was reported Monday.
  • Someone cut the screen on a porch and stole a bike between 10 p.m. Saturday and 2 a.m. Sunday at 406 McDade St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The mountain bike was worth $100, reports state.
  • Someone was caught stealing at Food Lion at 8:41 p.m. Monday at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person tried to steal eight cans of Sparks, which were recovered, reports state.
  • Someone broke into a home between 10:30 p.m. Monday and 2:31 a.m. Tuesday at 1060 N.C. 54, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a PlayStation 3 worth $300, a laptop worth $900, an iPod worth $150, a flat screen television worth $350, a laptop worth $400 and a PlayStation 2 worth $150, reports state.
  • A 46-year-old Chapel Hill man was charged with consuming on unauthorized property and second degree trespassing at 10:32 p.m. Monday at 1213 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Michael Darrell Chandler was arrested after he refused to leave a business while drinking from an open container of alcohol, reports state. Chandler was taken to Orange County Jail in lieu of $100 secured bond, reports state.