Police log for April 7, 2010

• A 22-year-old Carrboro man was charged with larceny by an employee at 3:34 p.m. Tuesday at 1509 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Xavier Kobree Hill was arrested after he stole from The Pantry at 1509 E. Franklin St.
    He was released on a written promise to appear in court, reports state.
  • A 1998 Dodge Caravan was reported on fire at 1:58 a.m. Wednesday at 301 Henderson St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    Damage to the vehicle was valued at $9,000, reports state.
  • A homeless man was camping in the woods at 6:54 p.m. Tuesday in open land areas near 218 Bradley Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • An intoxicated person knocked on doors between 3:43 a.m. and 3:53 a.m. Wednesday at 230 Greene St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone entered a residence between midnight March 10 and 3 p.m. Tuesday at 602 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a Nintendo Wii worth $250, a flatscreen television worth $450, a Sony PSP video game worth $100, a microwave oven worth $50 and $200 worth of Nintendo video games, reports state.
  • Someone entered a blue 2007 Honda Pilot between 9 p.m. Saturday and 5 a.m. Sunday at 412 Smith Ave., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident was reported at 8:20 a.m. Tuesday. The person stole an iPhone charger worth $50 and a pair of iPhone headphones worth $20, reports state.