Police log for August 30, 2011

Someone vandalized a vehicle around 2:06 a.m. Saturday in a parking lot at 100 E. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
Damage to the 2004 Silver Chevy Sebring was valued at $400, reports state.

Someone falsely reported a bomb at 4:31 a.m. Friday at 110 N. Graham St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The reported bomb was actually a microphone case, reports state.

Someone damaged a lightpole between 7 p.m. Thursday and 8:45 a.m. Saturday at 605 Jones Ferry Road, according to Carrboro police reports. The pole was lying across the walkway into a building, according to reports. The pole was broken and had fallen, reports state. It appears a vehicle jumped the sidewalk and struck the pole and a bush, reports state.

Someone stole money from a car between 8:18 p.m. and 8:23 p.m. Aug. 19 at 300 W. Main Street, according to Carrboro police reports.
The victim said she placed $100 in the cup holder of her car while she pumped gas. When she went into the gas station to pay someone stole the money, reports state. The victim said she thought someone reached into the car through an open window, reports state.

Someone stole a silver Taurus 40 caliber pistol with gold trim from a residence between midnight Saturday and 4 a.m. Sunday, according to Carrboro police reports. The victim of the theft said he hosted a party the night before at which he believes the pistol went missing, reports state. The victim advised police that a white female who went into the room with his friend might have taken it. The couple slammed the door when the victim confronted them, reports state.