Police log for September 22, 2011

• Someone broke into a residence between 10:15 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday at 600 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    Someone forced the front door open with their shoulder, then stole goods valued at a total of $1,506, reports state.
    Stolen items included a tablet computer valued at $600, a television valued at $450 and jewelry, according to reports.
  • Someone vandalized property by spraying substance on a vehicle between 6 p.m. Monday and 10 a.m. Tuesday at 706 Greenwood Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    The damaged vehicle was a 2004 black Ford Excursion, reports state. Damage was valued at $200, according to reports.
  • Someone removed the net and support pipes from a tennis court between 5 p.m. Saturday and 8:45 a.m. Monday at 606 N. Estes Dr., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    The sports equipment belonged to the town and was valued at $270 in total, reports state.
  • Someone took candy from a store without paying at 3 p.m. Tuesday at 325 E. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The stolen candy bar, a Kit Kat, cost $1, reports state.
  • Someone broke into a business and stole its cash drawer around 12:05 a.m. Wednesday at 1728 Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
    The person broke the business’ glass door with a rock, then entered to take the cash drawer, reports state. The door was valued at $300 and the cash drawer at $20, according to reports.
  • Someone took papers out of a recycling dumpster and started a fire between noon and 3 p.m. Tuesday at 501 Weaver Dairy Rd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.