Police log for September 28, 2011

Someone stole a cellphone from a backpack between 9:35 a.m. and 9:47 a.m. Monday at 500 Weaver Dairy Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The cellphone, an Apple iPhone, was valued at $400, reports state.

Someone was drunk and disruptive at 5 p.m. Monday at 120 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The individual was intoxicated and walking in the middle of the road, blocking traffic, reports state.

Someone broke into a vehicle between 8 p.m. Sunday and 8:10 a.m. Monday at 109 Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The car window was smashed and a stereo taken, reports state. Damage to the white Honda Civic was valued at $400, reports state. The stolen stereo equipment was valued at $200, according to reports.

Someone reported an elderly neighbor acting strangely between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday at 624 Morgan Creek Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone stole a sign by pulling it out of the ground between midnight Friday and midnight Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
The sign, which read “Parking Space for Rent,” was valued at $85, reports state. The stolen sign’s frame was valued at $15, according to reports.

Someone received a sexually explicit text message at 6:38 p.m. Monday at East Rosemary Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
Reports state that no threats were made in the harassment.

Someone lost a wallet at 1 a.m. Sunday at 107 Franklin St,, according to Chapel Hill police reports.