Police log for October 5, 2011

Someone broke into a home through the back door and stole a computer Monday between 3:40 p.m. and 4:19 p.m. at 1501 Manly St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the property was valued at $300, and the computer was valued at $1,400, reports state.

Someone assaulted a person by shoving them at 3:15 p.m. at 606 Estes Drive on Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone caused a disturbance at the Staples store on 1710 E. Franklin St. at 1:25 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a home at 1000 Smith Level Road around 5:20 a.m. Friday, according to Carrboro police reports.

Someone was throwing water balloons and beer bottles at 12:35 a.m. Saturday at 705 W. Rosemary St., according to Carrboro police reports. Reports state that a victim at the scene said she had been hit by the “balloons,” which were actually water-filled condoms.

Someone trespassed Abbey Court Apartments and Carolina Apartments through a hole in the fence at 10:55 p.m. Friday at 401 N.C. Highway 54, according to Carrboro police reports.

Someone trespassed a property at 9:22 p.m. at 810 Old Fayetteville Road Friday, according to Carrboro police reports.

A suspicious vehicle was reported at 11:56 a.m. at 1109 Tallyho Trail Friday, according to Carrboro police reports.

A driver was stopped and found in possession of marijuana at 2:45 a.m. Saturday on N.C. Highway 54 at Smith Level Road, according to Carrboro police reports.