Police log for Dec. 7, 2011

Someone vandalized property at 132 S. Columbia St. between midnight and 8:30 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A power cord had been cut and decorations broken, police reports state. The Christmas decorations were valued at $700, according to police reports.

Someone took a tarp from the Southern Village Community Park between 9 a.m. and 2:17 pm. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The tarp was valued at $40, according to police reports.

Someone lit a cigarette inside a store and was trespassed at around 2:25 a.m. Monday at the Walgreens pharmacy at 123 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a house and stole property at 914 Cedar Fork Trail between 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a letter opener worth $500, $500 worth of cash and $1,100 worth of English pounds, reports state.

Someone disturbed the peace at 112 Johnson St. at 11 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person was yelling and creating a disturbance, reports state.

Someone vandalized a school at 606 Estes Drive with graffiti using spray paint between 3:40 a.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The damage to Phillips Middle School was valued at $200, reports state.

Chapel Hill police found a suspicious vehicle containing marijuana residue in a parking lot at 727 Eastowne Drive on Monday, according to police reports.