Thursday February 2nd

Police log for Jan. 23, 2012

Someone repeatedly struck an elderly patient in the stomach in an apartment at 1719 Legion Road at about 11 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into and entered a vehicle at 100 Europa Drive at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person broke the windows out of the vehicle and removed a stereo, reports state. Damage to the window of the 2005 black Nissan Frontier was estimated at $200, according to reports. The stolen car stereo, a Kenwood model, was valued at $600, reports state.

Someone vandalized property at 432 S. Heritage Loop between 2 p.m. and 11:42 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone broke a vehicle window at a multi-family residence with a puncture-type tool, reports state. Damage to the window of the 2005 silver Volvo was valued at about $200, according to reports.

Chapel Hill Police responded to reports of assault with a deadly weapon, felony hit and run and careless and reckless driving at the 100 block of S. Estes Drive at about 2:15 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2023 Housing Edition